Monday, December 29, 2008

new years resolution #4


I am very interested in the gnostic bible. I just recently learned these were found just out of the blue in jugs by the dead sea? The dead sea scrolls.... what is interesting to me is I always truly believed there was a man named Jesus who was a great orator, however I struggled that he was half god and half human. This scroll has the bible of Mary and since her part in Jesus's life was underrated, it shows a different side... as his wife.... and we ALL know behind every good man is an awesome woman...
I want to read some books on this.... yes... I will get schooled...

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Mary Magnalin?'
Didja read the DaVinchi Code?
Your getting pretty darn academic Missy! : )

Mary said...

no I didn't read it...

but I want to read the interpretation of the scrolls because I find them more interesting than the bias bible.

Hope I don't offend anyone by saying that....

academic? HUH?

Vicki said...

thats a compliment.

Monica said...

i have it if you would like to read it, i found it very interesting. this kind of stuff intrigues me. to me it feels a little more "real" when you read about real people in history vs. a book about people that may or may not have exhisted.